PayClick

loading...

Hello, I'm The Author of this Blog...

Unknown | 1:02:00 PM | 0 comments




         Like most people I had heard of “3D Printing,” a phrase thrown around often, yet I had no way to really conceptualize what this technology entailed. It wasn’t until I had left my job for an internship in Shanghai and was replaced, leaving me to find a new job. As luck proved, I was able to find a new job in 3D printing job in which I run, customize, and teach people about 3D printing. A position earned by my studliness and possible due to my knowledge of CAD Design.


         Since then (2013) I have spent about 15 hours at work as well as free time each week with 3d Printing and related topics. I work at the Harold B. Library, which is leading the way as one of the first places that allows public access to a 3D Printer. We print almost 24/7 and are on our way to get a second 3D printer. Here is the Library page which I keep updated during the school year: http://guides.lib.byu.edu/3Dprinting

I have become the well experienced in 3D Printing as I have assisted in hundreds of projects including blood cells, NASA model rockets, orthodontist retainer molds, architecture pieces, prototyping for business purposes, model train parts, to cookie cutters… And that is all I will say because I can’t promote myself. Hopefully the followers will be able to recommend me also as an expert. That is the goal.


         Each summer I seem to start something new probably due to the lack of work I am used to from engineering courses during the school year. This summer I am living in Moscow, Russia and have decided to start this blog. My intention behind this blog is for myself to have a regular habit as well as promote the idea of open source software and freedom of ideas and knowledge. More importantly, upon starting 3D printing I found it hard to find information, and so I hope this blog serves as that source of 3D printing information for those who are in a similar situation as I was. 

         Please follow my blog, comment, and I will do my best to help assist you in whatever aspect of 3D Printing you would like to know more in. Whether you are completely new to 3D Printing or have a good amount of experience, I hope I can help you learn something. Please provide me with feedback - positive or negative.


        




Category:

About GalleryBloggerTemplates.com:
GalleryBloggerTemplates.com is Free Blogger Templates Gallery. We provide Blogger templates for free. You can find about tutorials, blogger hacks, SEO optimization, tips and tricks here!

0 comments